Are you the right person for this position?
The Digital Marketing Account Manager is the link between the client and our Digital Marketing Agency. You need to have an understanding of all aspects of digital marketing to understand the clients’ needs and to coordinate the team of copywriters, marketers, web developers, social media experts, video editors, animators and graphic designers that you’ll have at disposal.
You’ll be responsible for fostering client relationships whilst guiding the team to create quality and profitable projects which are aligned to clients’ business needs and objectives. Provide input strategically as well as design analysis. Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure and fast-paced environment to optimize agency and client relationships and profitability.
- To manage and administer the client’s account to the benefit of both client and agency to create the best possible communication to become an indispensable source of our client’s competitive advantage.
- Working closely with the client and the rest of the agency’s team to ensure and support effective delivery of all projects.
- Be able to coordinate team and tasks.
- Plan with the purpose of meet deadlines and budget targets
- Responsible for the smooth running of all accounts and production of the client’s package or project.
- Ensure that work is produced on time and within the necessary allocated traffic and budget in correspondence with the production team.
- Maintain strong relationships with the team and agency.
- Assist in creating the best working environment for optimum productivity.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The position involves consistent liaison with key clients and interaction with production regarding the projects in the system.
- Responsible for client communications, conflict resolution (if any), and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
- Develop and nurture client relationships through regular contact (meetings in presence and online, email, and phone calls).
- Work with the operational team to ensure projects are implemented and up and running in a timely manner.
- Analyse and optimise project performance per client needs.
- Ensure that client expectations are managed at all times by understanding, interpreting, and communicating clients’ needs and requirements.
- Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling current customers
- Stay abreast of current market trends.
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Keep track of client accounts by ensuring that monthly recons are done, reports are sent out, and accounts are up-to-date.
- Must be able to compile contact and status reports, produce briefs, and comply with any established deadlines and KPIs.
- Weekly, monthly, and annual reports are generated based on requests.
Key areas of knowledge and experience:
- Facebook Ads (how to set business accounts, Ad accounts and manage them)
- LinkedIn Ads
- Google Ads
- Marketing Automation
- Email Automation
- Lead Generation Management
- Ad spend (management, purchasing and set-up)
- Google sheets
- At least 3 years experience in digital marketing and online advertising working for a digital marketing agency
- Individuals must have experience in creating and managing content across various digital channels and platforms
- Highly efficient and creative
- Be able to work under pressure
- A portfolio of experience is non-negotiable
- Prepares all necessary reports and status reports after interaction with clients.
- Maintains a central filing system for all documentation.
- Quality checks work and final approval before leaving the agency.
- Prepares and develops creative briefs
- Has the ability to work with the procedures and systems of the agency
- Understands all aspects of the client’s business.
- Serves as the first point of contact for client inquiries.
- Effective communicator who ensures clients are aware of all project details.
- Provides prompt responses to all client queries and anticipates any issues or questions clients may have.
- Assures that cost estimates are prepared correctly and within the necessary client budgets before going to the Account Director for approval.
- Ensures that all finance queries are responded to within 48 hours.
- Understands the agency divisions and offers cost-saving solutions.
- Ensures that all price quotes and important documentation are recorded.
- Own transport
- Must have worked dealt with multiple clients in another digital marketing agency
- Well-rounded industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an account management role in a digital marketing agency.
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all digital work types, terminology, and how these integrate to deliver on campaign objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation